Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Starting over

My first two weeks of marathon training have gone pretty well, except that I've skipped both of my long runs. For that reason, I'm starting over this week.

The first week, I skipped because of excessive soreness from being overly active during the week, and this past one I skipped because I didn't have time, and I mean that. I *really* truly did not have an hour to spare unless I skimped on sleep, and I figure my running won't be any better if I don't sleep enough. So I chose sleep.

No matter, I'm starting over, like I said, and that's that. No harm done. We're having company this weekend, but I might be able to wake up super-early on Sunday (if it's not raining!) to get out and run before anyone else wakes up. The weekend after that -- for the time being -- I'm FREE! I have NO plans! And the weekend after that I'll be in Savannah. And then my life will be back to normal. Rock on.

No comments: