Thursday, February 14, 2008

Time to get a little racy

It's official: I am registered for my first 5K run on March 16 in Baltimore. It's ON now.

After some careful research, I've decided on the marathon I will attempt to attempt: the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC. The "People's Marathon," whatever that means. Maybe that it's not just for Marines, but people too. Or because the people demanded the Marines give them a marathon. Or maybe they just say that to make it less intimidating, because the name is a little badass. Booyah.

Anyway, I've heard it's a well-organized race with an excellent turnout. Added to the list of perks, it's local(ish) and so I'm at least somewhat familiar with the terrain and weather, and I can push for maximum cheering action from EVERYONE I KNOW. But what's really sold me is the numerology--running 26.2 miles on October 26, just six days after I turn 26. A winning combination, if you ask me.

No comments: