Saturday, March 15, 2008

T minus

So here we are: the day before race day. Yesterday Keith and I took a 2.5-mile walk around the neighborhood. Spring is definitely on the way, with all the daffodils, crocus, forsythia and Bradford pears in bloom.


I'm hoping to finish the race in 35 minutes or less, as there is a St. Patrick's Day parade that follows the same route starting 45 minutes after the race and I would hate to get lapped by a float. Keith and I are heading up that way in a little while, so SIL Kelly and I can pick up our race packets in Timonium. I'm a bit anxious, mostly from not having been to any of these places before, but also because my shins are feeling a bit tender. I'm stretching them, icing them, and eating plenty of ice cream. And I just try to remember that in the end I will get a new t-shirt and free beer, which is -- after all -- what running is all about.

No comments: