Thursday, January 17, 2008

Catching up

Sorry for the light posting this week: I was planning on posting Tuesday night after I got home, but ended up on the phone all evening with Jen B who was having the one of the most terrible weeks imaginable. I was then going to post last night, but got home late from WIFLing at mom's and ended up on the phone with Jen B again for a short while as she called to tell me the MOST EXCELLENT NEWS that I think has made the fog of terribleness lift. And then I was tired and went straight to bed, although not before *finally* burning a CD of Ok Go so that I can play "You're So Damn Hot" at my desk. What can I say? It makes me feel good.

What I would have written on Tuesday and/or Wednesday is this:

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym because it was cold! and dark! outside. But I must say, it felt darn good. Not from the throbbing in my ankle, nor the steady tightening in my chest as my lungs struggled for oxygen, nor the deafening lub-lub-lub-lub-lub of my pulse, nor the searing in my quads and hamstrings and glutes and calves and TIBIALIS ANTERIOR as I forced them to continue moving against their collective will--no, no. It felt darn good because I ran on that treadmill at a steady 11-minute-mile pace for 20 minutes before I started to notice how much it freakin' hurt or that the music I thought was in my head was actually coming from the mp3 player someone else had left in the holder thing.

No comments: